Pyrolysis treatment of waste tyre and plastic:
When we talk about waste plastic or tyre management, pyrolysis is a better alternative compared to incineration or dumping. Incineration is burning of waste which leads to loss of valuable energy from polymer waste. Dumping of polymer waste is known to cause land pollution. By pyrolysis of polymer waste, it is possible to recover value oil from waste plastic in the form of pyrolysis Unit, Hydrocarbon gas and charcoal.
Theory of pyrolysis processing:
Pyrolysis is process of molecular breakdown where larger molecules are broken down into smaller molecules. In pyrolysis, the polymer waste is not burned, it is broken down into usable finished products like Pyrolysis Oil, Hydrocarbon Gas and Charcoal. Waste plastic to oil pyrolysis can generate quality fuel with lower emission, control waste plastic pollution,recover energy from waste plastic.
1. This is a batch process system.
2. The wastage tyres are fed into the reactor vessel and heated under controlled conditions of temperature and pressure. The process will bring about molecular restructuring of the rubber under the pyrolysis process as the result; furnace oil in gaseous form is produced along with other gases.
3. These vaporized gases are passed through heat exchanges, where in the furnace oil is condensed into liquid form.
4. During the process, carbon black and steel are also generated.
5.The heat exchange uses coolant water, as a condensing medium and this water is re-circulated through process.
6. These systems can be operated 24/365.